3M™ Scotchcast™ Flexible Power Cable Splice Kits 82-F Series is for use in weather-exposed, direct burial or submerged locations. For making in-line splices on non-shielded portable power cables and cords rated up to 5 kV for single-conductor, and up to 1000 Volts (600/2000 Volt mine portable cable) for multi-conductors.
The kits are designed to be used with inline compression connectors. The 82-F series kits are permanent splices as assigned by the Mine Safety and Health Administration (P-142-5 MSHA). Connectors are not included, order separately.
Number of Conductors:
· 1 for 5 kV
· Multiple for 1 kV
- Designed to splice or rejacket non-shielded dry and wet portable power cable and portable cord
- The tapered splice eliminates cable hang-ups and splice end-lifting
- Suitable for use with compression inline connectors
- 0.25 to 0.8-in O.D. insulation
- Accommodates wire size of 6 to 1/0 AWG
- 1 kV-rated for multi-conductor and 5 kV-rated for single-conductor cable applications
- Includes 1 removable mold, Scotch® rubber splicing tape 23, Three-M-Ite™ Elek-Tro-Cut™ abrasive cloth 80J grit and more
- MSHA Approved and RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant